OFFERINGS FOR BIRTH PROFESSIONALS
Experience the flavor of Birthing from Within through local and online offerings for doulas, childbirth educators, nurses, midwives, OB/GYNs, IBCLCs, prenatal yoga instructors, support group leaders, and other professionals who work with parents during the childbearing year. These workshops will deepen your relationship with birth, and change the way you see yourself as a birth professional.
Igniting Your Passion and Helping Parents
Birth work is amazing, beautiful, rewarding...and challenging. Supporting parents through major life transitions comes with its own unique struggles for birth and postpartum workers. I want to help you connect with the passion that called you to this work, and to yourself as a birth professional.
I offer local in-person workshops, as well as online trainings to help you foster amazing new skills for supporting yourself through the labyrinth of birth and postpartum work, and guiding parents through healing and self-compassion.
In-Person Workshops in Texas for Birth Professionals
Mentor Mash Beach Retreat
Get a breath of fresh air and connect with other childbirth, postpartum, and perinatal professionals at the Mentor Mash Retreat at the beach. This one-day workshop will include...
- experiencing the power of birth art
- deepening your understanding of mindfulness practices used in BFW
- archetypes of birth
- applying the healing balm of the BFW philosophy to yourselfOur time together will leave you feeling nourished, refreshed, and inspired in your work with parents. You deserve a special retreat to care for you as a caretaker!
Early birds can pay $150 up until October 9th. After that tuition goes up to $197. While this event is designed for Birthing from Within Mentors, all birth pros are welcome at this event! Birthing from Within Mentors and Birth Story Listeners can enjoy a 20% discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your reduced tuition link!
The master suite has been rented, but there are three single beds and one full bed available in another room (bunk beds) available for rent for Friday night (10/25) and/or Saturday night (10/26). Full bed $40/night. Twin beds $25/night.
There are no refunds for this event, unless the facilitator cancels, in which case you will be refunded your tuition and lodging, if applicable.
*You must climb a set of stairs to access the workshop space.*
Online Training for Birth Professionals
Birth Art Online Course
Mondays, September 2nd-30th, 2019 10:00-11:00 am Central Time
Birth Art is a deeply nourishing course that will teach you how to...
- use art to deepen your understanding of yourself, and your understanding of birth
- guide parents through birth art in a way that inspires introspection, initiation, and new awareness
- help parents draw meaning and new learning from their birth art process, accessing their rich internal resources and wisdom
- lead expecting parents through a whole new kind of birth preparation, tailored to their unique needs
Mindful Communication for Birth Professionals
Mindful Communication 101: Five Ways to Create Powerful Dialogue and Learning for Parents
Mondays, September 23 - October 21, 2019
(Live Calls: October 7th and October 21st 11:00 am -12:00 pm Central Time)
Mindful Communication 201: A Solution-Focused Approach to Working with Expecting Parents
Mondays, October 21 - November 18, 2019
(Live Calls: November 4th and November 18th 11:00 am -12:00 pm Central Time)
Mindful Communication 301: Advanced Dialogue Skills for Birth Professionals
November 18 - December 16, 2019 (Live Calls: December 2nd and December 16th, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Central Time)